Pages

Monday, February 11, 2019

Paint Pouring

Hi everyone!

Have you wanted to try paint pouring?  Me, too!  This year at Creativation, I received a sample of Pouring Medium from DecoArt.  

I bought some paint in my favorite ocean colors to go with the Pouring Medium along with an 8"x8" canvas.

I followed the instructions for the "dirty pour" on the DecoArt website.  This consists of mixing the paint and the medium in separate paper cups and then layering them in a larger cup.  Then, you invert the canvas over the cup and turn the two over together.  Lift the cup and the paint starts to flow over the canvas creating your abstract masterpiece.  So much fun, and so simple.  

Here's my first one:
Ocean Paint Pour
I had a couple of corners where the paint didn't flow, so I added drips of leftover paint and swirled them in with a small stick.  I also did this on the edges.

And, I had some paint left over which was too pretty to waste, so I had a smaller canvas on which I caught the drips from the main canvas.  Here's how that turned out:
There are so many possibilities with this technique and you can see lots of them at DecoArt.   I definitely have to try this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment