Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Birthday Card

Hi Everyone!
My oldest grandchild is turning nine this year, so I wanted to create a special card for her.  This showcases more of the wonderful samples that I received at Creativation.  I received some new dies from Spellbinders.  This one called Birthday Animals is by Sharon Sowell, and is just perfect for a birthday card.
Shapeabilities Birthday Animals Etched Dies Happy by Sharyn Sowell


I combined this die with some beautiful Rinea foil papers, some scrapbook papers and cardstock to create the card.






My tips for this card:

I cut all the animals from Rinea foil paper, but because these are detailed and delicate die cuts, I also cut a cardstock backing.  I glued the foil to the cardstock, then I glued the assembly to the card.  

I used a glue stick.  It was the easiest way for me to get the glue on the legs of these pieces.  It was the least messy to use for me.  You also have to be careful not to get glue on the foil front.  (I am a mess with glue and this was my second try at this card!)

The "Happy Birthday" is washi tape.  

I didn't have the ink color I wanted to edge the paper, so I used a pink Sharpie.

Have fun creating your own version and be sure to check out Sharon Sowell's dies at Spellbinders and Rinea foil paper.  Both are a joy  with which to work!
Happy Crafting!
Terry 







No comments:

Post a Comment