Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Etched Mirror Ornaments

Happy Holidays!

I love the holidays and love to decorate in new ways each year.  This month, I'm creating a mirrored ornament with etchall® etching crème and a new product - etchall® stencil spray.

Before I received the etchall® stencil spray, I would have to use an adhesive-backed stencil.  Now, I can use any stencil.  I found some small square and round mirrors at my local JoAnn's craft store.  They come in a wide variety of sizes and are lightweight enough to make into a ornament.

To start, I followed the directions on the back of the stencil spray and sprayed the back of the stencil.  I let it dry and applied it to a square mirror.  I smoothed the stencil down and masked any exposed mirror with masking tape. 
Then, I applied etchall® etching crème with a plastic knife. 
I waited 15 minutes and scraped the crème back into the bottle. (It's re-usable!)  Then, I washed the mirror and patted it dry with paper towels.

Here are my ornaments.  I have added some adhesive jewel strips and a loop of thread.  I also glued  cardstock over the loop to cover the back.
Etched Santa Ornament
Etched Snowman Ornament
Here they are again with the etchall® etching crème and stencil spray that I used in this project.  (I am on the etchall® design team and received these products to use in creating these projects.  And, by the way, I highly recommend them!)

I hope you'll give these quick ornaments a try.  Get the whole family involved!  Have a neighborhood crafting party!  You can find all sorts of small mirrors at your local craft store and the etchall® products on the etchall® website.  Be sure to check out the specials and etchall® is now available on Amazon!

Wishing you very happy holidays and a Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

  1. Clever, clever girl. Thanks for using the spray in such a fun and easy way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I have to make some for Christmas! Is there an etchall for brass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, you have to use stronger chemicals for metals. I just ordered some ferric chloride to try etching metal.

      Delete