Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

We're All Ears - Leftovers Challenge

Hi!

I've got a list a mile long of things that I want to get done today.  We don't have a Christmas tree yet, I need to pay the bills and send out cards - and I haven't finished my shopping yet!  (This was last week!)  But, I'd rather be beading!  I should get a shirt that says that!

So, I'm making some earrings - because they always make good gifts, too - so maybe I can cross a couple of items off my list at the same time!

Erin challenged us to take a picture of our work areas.  Take a look at hers here.  And, I think I can match hers.  I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it does leave me with plenty to work with in making earrings!

Here's my workbench:
At least, there is the possibility of finding some space to work here. 

But, my desk looks pretty hopeless!
Oh my!  What a disaster!  Right after Christmas, I'm tackling this mess.  (Right!)

Earlier this week, I made some earrings for friends.  I like to make easy holiday earrings.  This year I made some snowmen.
Snowman Earrings
They were fun to make once I figured out what to use for the hats (sequins and seed beads).  I might add little scarves though I like them this way, too.

Here are a couple with little scarves of Kreinik ribbon.
Now it is the 24th, and, unfortunately, circumstances did not permit more beading.  Maybe next year!  I'd like the gift of time for Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!  Wishing you peace and joy and happy beading in the New Year!





3 comments:

  1. Very cute little snowmen. I love the addition of the scarves with the thread. It really helps distinguish what they are. And, you desk looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet snowmen! This year I dug out my entire collection of snowmen and did a display of them. I quite love their jaunty little scarves. Perfect for this weather we are having to put a smile on your face! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your positive attitude - yes, one can find lots of beads to make earrings on a full working table :) The snowmen earrings are pretty and the sequin & seed bead solution works well. You can wear the pairs without the scarf during all seasons, actually!

    ReplyDelete