Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Guest Blogger on Cousin - Pearl Choker

Hi Crafters!

I am happy to post that I am a Guest Blogger on the Cousin website this month.  You can read my blog post at http://www.cousin.com/blog/13-05-10/Terry_Ricioli_The_Allure_of_the_British_Edwardian_Era.aspx.


If you love vintage jewelry and shows like Downton Abbey, I think you'll enjoy it.  I designed this pearl choker for the post using Cousin components.  If you can't find these items at a store near you, you can order them from their website.  Although I purchased these components, Cousin did send me some other lovely items to use in my designs.


Pearl Choker

Size: 15” with adjustable clasp of about 1”

Materials:

156 Lt. Grey Pearls, 6mm round (Pearl Elegance™ 3244311)
Round Deco Snap Base (Snap in Style ™ 34732301)
Metal Accent (Snap in Style ™ 34730038)
6 3-hole Metal Beads (Jewelry Basics 34708262)
Acrylic Cameo Accent (Formal Chic Make the Connection ™ 34731104
6 – 10” pieces bead stringing wire
12 Silver crimp beads
Silver Plate 3 Strand Rod Clasp (Plated Silver Elegance™)


Instructions:

1. Place snap base loop at bottom center. Determine placement of 3 strands of wire on each side by counting holes and spacing evenly from the bottom center loop.
2. String wire through hole and string 3 pearls over the wire and the tail. Slide on a crimp bead and crimp. Trim wire. Repeat for the remaining five strands.
3. Slide a 3-hole metal bead over all 3 strands covering the crimp bead. Repeat for the other side.
4. String 10 pearls on each strand. Then, string a 3-hole metal bead over the strands on each side. Repeat this step. String 3 pearls on each strand.
5. String a crimp bead on one of the top strands of wire and then go through the top loop on the clasp. Pass the wire back through the crimp bead. Repeat for the other 2 strands on one side. Tighten up the wires keeping it even across the strands. When even, crimp the crimp beads and trim the wires. Repeat for the other side.
6. Remove the loop from the cameo accent and attach it to the bottom loop of the snap base with the jump ring. Snap metal accent into snap base.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I hope you enjoy this design!  I'd love to hear your comments!
And, if you enjoy vintage jewelry, check out my book, Vintage Impressions Jewelry.

Happy crafting!
Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment