Pages

Monday, August 20, 2018

We're All Ears: Fabric-Inspired Earrings

Hi folks,

Today I'm taking the time to create some new earrings.  I love them; they are one piece of jewelry that I always wear.  And, they are quick and easy to create compared to other more extensive pieces of jewelry like a necklace.

The inspiration comes from the Earrings Everyday blog.  This month, Erin chose fabrics from Spoonflower.


So much fun!  Now, to pick one or two and create some earrings to go with the fabric.  Lots of fun ones, but I decided on the fabric on the bottom row, second from the left.  There are a lot of interesting mandala-type circles there and I thought I'd try to imitate that in an earring.

I found some buttons that were perfect to work with and used embroidery thread to sew a pattern in the buttons.
Mandala Earrings
These were a lot of fun to make.  I've got to try more of this on other filigrees.

Thanks for the inspiration, Erin!  Take a look at all the other lovely designs on Earrings Everyday.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fantastic idea! Buttons and embroidery floss - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and fabulous result! I am a fan of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embroidery stitching and buttons! So cool! You could make these in all sorts of colors and patterns. I will be looking at buttons differently! Thanks for finding the time to play along in the We're All Ears challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete