Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Colors


Isn't fall wonderful! I love the sweet damp smell of the leaves after a rain, warm afternoons, and, of course, all the beautiful colors that appear when the green leaves start losing their chlorophyll. Oops, sorry, I went from poet back to my biology degree roots!


I love designing in those colors--warm reds and golds, rich brown and coppery orange. And, I was delighted to see that the Beading Daily email today had a glimpse of my necklace that will be published in the fall issue of Stringing magazine. I'm really excited that I have a necklace that was accepted into this magazine. I've had small designs in it before, but never a necklace. It's a magazine that is so beautifully presented that it's a pleasure to be included. It will be in the stores in early October, but here's a sneak peek!


My inspiration for this necklace was a walk along a path through the woods, leaves littering the ground. I used wavy bronzite ovals for the path. And, the pressed glass leaves with their multitude of colors are a perfect expression of the colors of fall.

Happy Fall,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment