Pages

Friday, May 27, 2022

Summer Entertaining with Gwen Studios

 Ahoy, maties!

This month with Gwen Studios we have a nautical theme.  I have some red and white grosgrain ribbon with which to design, and I found this cute wood lighthouse-style birdhouse at Michaels.  It will make the perfect centerpiece for my table.  Michaels also carries the ribbon I used here.


Here's the ribbon I received from Gwen Studios:

To begin, I painted the lighthouse with white acrylic paint.

Next, I sanded it and gave it a wash of gray acrylic paint to soften the white. I painted it with red and blue acrylic accents and glued some ribbon around it.  I also wrapped twine around the posts on top.




Here are a few more ribbon ideas for your table:

Add ribbon to a small bucket and use it for your cutlery.


Wrap ribbon around the top of picks or bamboo skewers and use them for appetizer picks, skewers or decorations.


Use two sizes of stars, paint the smaller one and glue them to a short piece of ribbon for napkin rings.

Now I'm all set for summer entertaining!


Here are the links for the ribbon available at Michaels:

Head on over to the Designer Crafts Connection blog to see more fun ideas!

1 comment: