Pages

Monday, January 10, 2022

Heart Pillow with Ribbons

 Hello!

Today I'm working with the fabulous ribbons from Gwen Studios to create a ribbon embellished pillow in a shabby chic style.  This is an easy-sew project that anyone can make with a needle and thread and a little hot glue.



First, make your pattern by folding a piece of copy paper in half.  Draw a heart that fills the space.

Cut out the heart.  
If you're not happy with the shape, refold and trim.  Pin to your fabric and cut two hearts.  
I used some scraps of a distressed denim fabric, but you can use any fabric.  Pin the two hearts wrong sides together and sew a running stitch with pink embroidery thread.
When stitching, leave the thread on the card.  Leave an opening and stuff with Fiber Fill.

Here's how it looks after stuffing.  I pulled up the stitching to gather before tying it off. Then, I pulled threads on the edges.

I added a ribbon bows in satin and sheer ribbons and made a rolled rose from 7/8" pink grosgrain ribbon.  To make a rolled rose, roll up the ribbon for the center, then start twisting the ribbon as you continue to wrap.  Then, I hot glued the ribbons to the center of the pillow.

Gwen Studios can be found at Walmart.com.  Search for Gwen Studios or use these links for the ribbon that I used here:




For more Romancing the Ribbon design ideas, go to the Designer Crafts Connection blog.





1 comment:

  1. this is a beautiful idea, I would add a bit of scent to it too!

    ReplyDelete