Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Shirt Sleeve Pumpkins

Hi crafty friends!

Nothing makes me happier than re-using something old and worn out.  Lately, I have been using some of my hubby's old shirts in my designs.  I have a lot of plaids and pumpkins have been on my mind, so I thought I'd make some plaid shirt sleeve pumpkins.  

The shirt sleeves are perfect for a quick and easy stuffed pumpkin, since they are already a tube.  I cut two from this plaid shirt - one a little shorter than the other.  Then, I turn the sleeve piece inside out.  On one end, sew a running stitch around one edge with a heavy thread.  Draw it up and tie it.  Turn it inside out and stuff with polyester stuffing.  Then, sew another running stitch around the top edge.  Draw it up and tie the ends.  Push the center down along with the ends of the thread.  Find a short piece of stick for the stem, add glue to the end and push into the center.

Shirt Sleeve Pumpkins
Set them among the rest of your fall décor or place them in a grapevine wreath.  These are so easy even the kids and grandkids can make them.  

So save your old plaid shirts or check out your local re-use stores and make some shirt sleeve pumpkins!  






1 comment: