Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Decoupaged Necklace Stand

Hi Crafty People!

Today I want to show you a project that I did for Smoothfoam™.  If you make your own jewelry, I think you will find it useful.  (I'm on the Smoothfoam™ Creativity Team, so I receive product from this company and create a project for their blog each month and receive compensation for the project.)  It's a great product and can be used in so many different ways.  

Here's what I created for the month of May.  I design jewelry and I'm always looking for another place to hang the designs I create.  So, I thought I'd see what I could make with Smoothfoam™.  It was perfect and I'll be using it for other jewelry display ideas.  You can cover it with decoupage like I did for this one, but you could also paint it or wrap it with fabric.  The foam will hold pins or earring wires, which makes it perfect for a display board for earrings or necklaces.  

Here's the necklace stand that I created:
Necklace Stand
I used brown paper bags for the decoupage, but you could use other papers.  I like a neutral tone that will not compete with the necklace but you could personalize it depending on what type and colors of the necklace you want to hang on it.

For the how-to of the pattern and construction, see the Smoothfoam™ blog for all the details.  Be sure to scroll through the blog and see all the wonderful designs that the other members of the team have created.

Thanks for stopping by!
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment