Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Only two weeks before the show!


Yikes! Where does the time go? It's only two weeks before the Craft Super Show and Craft and Hobby Association trade show. And, I have a whole list of things to do.

Number 1: Finish my gallery piece for the CHA Designer Global Display. It's only cracked and fallen apart once, which is pretty good for working with materials I haven't worked with before. I like a challenge, but sometimes I give myself a little bit too much of one. I'm on version 2.0 right now. My country is Mexico and I'll show it off when it's finished.
Number 2: Put together a display of stunning designs that will awe and amaze the editors and publishers who stop by to look at all the Designer Showcases. Hmmm...

Number 3: Practice my yo-yo skills. No, not the Tommy Smothers kind of yo-yo--the fabric kind where you stitch around a fabric circle then pull up the stitches into a smaller, finished circle. After all, I am going to be helping at a workshop where I will need yo-yo skills. Karen Wiant obviously has those skills in abundance and a little innovation, too. She's designed a wreath with four different kinds of yo-yo's--one for each season. You saw that darling snowman in the last post. Then, there's a spring blossom yo-yo, a Fourth of July firecracker yo-yo and a pumpkin yo-yo for fall. Each one is a little different design. Here they are on the grapevine wreath held on with Velcro Press & Fasten, which makes them removable and interchangable. Pretty nifty!
Hope to see you at the show!

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment