Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Amate Studios pieces!




Hi everyone!

I'm really looking forward to the big Craft and Hobby Show this year. It's always exciting to see all the new craft materials and tools. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Amate Studios will be there with new metal pendants to fill up with whatever you like. They've come out with some new shapes that are different from others I've seen. One is a shape they call a T-shirt. But, I thought it looked like it could be a Kimono, so I took some beautiful origami paper from Yasutomo and folded it around cardboard with some padding in between. I added a contrasting paper and some glittery gold Kreinik ribbon, and I'm really happy with the result. I can think of several things that I want to do with this shape. What would you create with it?

I am really liking padding the space inside the pendant trays and covering it with paper as in the Kimono, or with fabric, as in the Snowman shown below. He's got a stitched face and I tied a strip of plaid fabric around his neck before I glued the padded shape into the head-shaped form.
You can find the instructions for these designs on the Amate Studios website(www.amatestudios.com). Drop by the booth if you are at the CHA show and say hi!

Happy crafting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment