Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Faux Tin Pumpkins

 Hi!

Thanks for stopping by.  

I love the times when I can just play in my craft room and try things that I've had on my list forever.  And, when those things go together easily without a lot of frustration - even better.

Here's a quick and easy project that is still on time for Halloween or harvest decorating.

First, grab some galvanized flashing.  We recently had some painting done, so there was some extra lying around my house. Yay, free craft material!

I used a dry erase marker to draw a pumpkin on a piece of the flashing.

Since it comes in a roll, it will be curved, but you can flatten it with your hands.  I cut it out with metal snips, then pounded it with a ball peen hammer to give it some texture.

Then, I used patinas to paint the large pumpkin and metal paint to paint the smaller one. I wanted to try a couple of paints to see what I liked.  Both worked well.  I punched holes in the top and added steel wire.



This was so much fun and very quick and easy (always a plus!).  I can't wait to try some autumn leaves and then primitive Christmas trees!  Maybe a garland of tin shapes... what about a snowman?  


Happy Fall, Happy Harvest, Happy Halloween, Happy All Hallows Eve, Happy All Saints Day, Happy All Souls Day.....that should cover it for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment