Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

Beachcombing Necklace

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by.  I am pleased to be able to share one of my necklace designs with you today.  This one is published in the June/July issue of Beadwork in the Fast and Fabulous section.

I love the ocean and visit as often as I can.  But, when I can't visit, I like reminders of it - a shell, a piece of driftwood, a shiny rock or sea glass.  With this necklace, I've created a collection of elements you might find on the beach - a piece of driftwood, different types of shells and sea glass beads.  But, the matte beads in the necklace weren't churned by the ocean.  I used etchall® dip 'n etch to create the soft, matte surface on shiny, glass beads.  It's so easy and quick to do this (15 minutes!) and I love the look.  Go to this post to see the easy process or search my blog for etched jewelry.

Beachcombing Necklace
Close-up showing etched beads
Close-up of the bottom of the necklace
I really had a lot of fun making this one.  It's a freeform style that's open to whatever you have around as far as shells, wood chips and beads. And it's all knotted making it easy and quick to do.

Here it is hanging on a wooden stand:


The editors and photographers at Beadwork did a fabulous job of photographing and showing the details of this necklace, so I hope you'll check out the magazine.  You can get it in print and digital.

Happy Creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment