This month on the Designer Crafts Connection, we're creating party decor. I can't wait to see what my fellow designers will create! We're sure to see some fabulous ideas!
I'm enjoying the summer here and bright, fun colors are what I want to create with right now - something easy, something fun. So, I created some pinwheels with samples I received from Rowlux® Illusion Film. I think the shimmery patterns and bright colors will make the perfect summer party decor.
|A Bouquet of Pinwheels|
To make these bright and colorful pinwheels, you'll need:
Rowlux® Illusion Film
1/4" wood dowel or chop stick
Paint for stick
Tools: scissors, metal ruler, hand drill with small bit, wire cutters, round-nose pliers, push pin, paintbrush, circle or other shape punch
1. Cut a square of the film. With a metal ruler, mark the diagonals. Leave an inch in the center uncut and cut the diagonal lines.
2. With a push pin or other sharp pointy tool, make a hole in the center of the square and every other point of the square. Punch a circle or other shape from a different color film and poke a hole in the center.
3. Drill a hole in the end of the dowel. This must be done slowly and carefully. I used a small hand drill. You could use a regular drill. Covering the area with masking tape will help to prevent splitting.
4. Paint the dowel and determine how long you want the stick for your pinwheel. Cut the dowel with heavy scissors or a hand saw. Sand any rough edges.
5. Slide a bead onto the head pin, a punched circle and pick up each of the four corners of the pinwheel. Slide a few more beads onto the pin and push it through the center of the pinwheel. Add another bead and slide through the hole in the dowel. Add another bead or two and check to see if the pinwheel will rotate without hitting the dowel. Add more beads if needed. The beads help the pinwheel to rotate smoothly. Make a loop in the wire to hold.
6. Try different sizes and colors! Arrange in a flower pot with tissue paper for a table decoration for a pool party or birthday!
To find out more about the Rowlux® Illusion Film, go to their Pinterest page. There you will find ordering information and more projects to make with this versatile film.
Come back on the 13th for a blog hop promoting Burlap Fabric. The rustic look of burlap is so popular now for decorating and you are sure to see some wonderful ideas and projects using it.
Thanks for stopping by!