Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tuscan Grapes Plaque

Tuscan Grapes Plaque
by
Terry Ricioli
Hi Crafty Friends!

As you might have guessed, I love crafting with paper bags.  I also love creating crafts with Smoothfoam.  Here, I combined the two to create this grapes plaque in a aged style that has the look of a plaster plaque.  It reminds me of something you might see on a stucco wall in Tuscany.

To make this plaque, I cut the foam balls in half and arranged them on a board.  Then I dampened the wrinkled paper bag and wrapped it over the balls and board pushing it around the balls and wrinkling it up around the bunch of grapes.  I added a couple of paper bag leaves and a stem.  I found the kids' watercolor box and added some color.  

I can't wait to try more in this style.  I'm so happy with the way it turned out that I'm making another one.  And, that never happens with me.  Usually I make one of something, then I'm on to the next idea!

I hope you'll try it, too.  For further instructions on how to make this easy plaque, go here:
http://www.smoothfoam.com/blog/add-texture-to-smoothfoam-with-a-paper-grocery-bag/

What should I try next?  Maybe apples or strawberries!

Happy Crafting!
Terry

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you like this... it turned out great! This project would look wonderful in my "fruit kitchen" LOL! Such a pretty project. Thanks for the details :)
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete