Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

What are you creating?

Hi crafters!
What are you creating this summer?
Are you knitting an afgan, working on Christmas gifts, designing a new outdoor space or writing a short story? Creativity is everywhere!
I like to play in quite a few creative areas. It's a messy life, but it's never boring! Here are a few of my creations.
I'm still knitting a rotini scarf. Yes, I have been working on this scarf for almost two years now, but I love it. The colors of the silk yarn are just gorgeous. I am finally on my second skein, so I am very proud of myself. I'm relearning how to knit--but slowly!
I found my sewing machine under the piles of mending and sewed a quick pillow cover to go with my patio chairs.

I was privileged to share crafting with the group of homeschoolers that comes to my house once a month. They are always an inspiration and with ages ranging from 3 to 13, it's a challenge to find a project that will work for everyone. Here's a windsock that we did last month. Plastic canvas, twine and beads!


Beading--of course! Here's a snippet of a necklace in progress.
And, I've been playing with an assortment of recyclable materials and throwaways to make them into fun crafts. As a designer for magazines, I'm working on designs for Christmas already.
I'd love to hear what you've been up to this summer! I hope you are having a great time stretching your creative muscles!

Happy crafting!

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment