Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

Harvest Plaque

Hi friends!

Ready for some quick and easy fall decorating?  JOY Iron-on letters make it easy to create memorable designs for any occasion!
Harvest Plaque
Go to the Creating with Joy blog for all the details on what you'll need to create this plaque.

Basically, you paint a canvas with a wash of orange.  I went around the edges with full-strength orange paint (Jack-O'-Lantern Orange from DecoArt.)  Cut out a nice fall napkin and decoupage it to the canvas.  I tore the napkin edges and inked them (Ann Butler's ColorBox(R) Crafter's craft ink in Canyon).  Then, I glued burlap ribbon to the canvas.  I pulled threads from the edges of the burlap ribbon and inked the edges with Canyon.

I added JOY letters across the napkin.  To paint the letters easily, stretch a piece of tape across a box sticky side up.  Adhere the letters to the tape and paint!  It's so easy when they don't move around!  Here's another word that I thought about using.  You can use your favorite fall word or saying.



Here's how the plaque looks after the word and the ribbon.
Before adding the leaves
I die cut some leaves from scrapbook and amate papesr, inked the edges and added splotches here and there.  I also folded and wrinkled the leaves a bit.  I arranged them and glued them down, then added a twine bow.

So easy - you can make one for any season!

Happy Crafting!
Terry

(Disclaimer:  As a member of the design team for JOY letters, I received monetary compensation and iron-on letter samples to use in my designs.)




No comments:

Post a Comment