Pages

Friday, June 8, 2018

Fast and Fabulous Tassels

Hi all!

Beadwork for August/September is out and I'm happy to announce that I have a necklace published in the Fast and Fabulous section.

In this issue, the Fast and Fabulous section is devoted to tassels - all kinds.  So whether you like thread, ribbon, chain, leather or mixed tassels, there is one for you. Elegant or casual, they've got them!  And, you'll recognize the designers - Tamara Honaman, Fernando Dasilva, Nealay Patel, Debbie Blair and more - I've admired their work for a long time.

Here's the one I made with strips of my husband's old shirts, yarn, sari silk ribbon, chain and a little leather.  I found my bead cap in the plumbing aisle of my local hardware.  So, with the copper cap and the recycled bits in the tassel, the editor named it Plumb Scrappy!  So punny!  

Plumb Scrappy
I love to create with recycled materials and use up some of the bits in the cupboards and bins.  What do you have that you can create with?  I hope this idea inspires you.  And, do check out Beadwork and see all the beautiful designs.

Here are the tassels in an article from Interweave.


<em>Beadwork</em>, August/September 2018 Fast & Fabulous: Tassels
And, here is their photo of my tassel:

Beadwork August/September 2018













No comments:

Post a Comment