Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Etched Herb Jar

Hi Everyone!

Today I have another tutorial on using etchall®  This tutorial will be seen again in June on the etchall® blog.  Did you know that etchall® now has a blog?  We do!  Go here to see all the designs from our team.  And, stop by the Pinterest page to see much, much more!

My herbs this spring are thriving.  In fact, I may need a machete soon on the some of them!  Here's my oregano.

I use oregano all the time in my cooking so it is handy to have it in the kitchen.  I use some fresh herbs, but I am more used to reaching for the dried herb jars and bottles that are right next to the stove.  So, I decided to dry some of my own.  I'll have a great supply and it will be so much fresher than what I could buy at the store. 

But, I needed some storage.  I think glass jars are the best for herbs, and I found the perfect bottle in my cupboard.  It was one of those I couldn't throw out and is just the right size for an herb that I use all the time.
I have been wanting to try the Designer Tip Kit that I received from etchall® and now seemed the perfect time because none of the stencil letters I had would fit on the jar.
This fine line tip is great for the small area on the jar.  To set up, I masked off the areas around the etching area just to be safe.  I also wrote out the word on a piece of lined paper and taped it inside the jar.
This provided a guide for size and spacing the letters.  Here's the jar with the word in etchall® etching crème.
It was very easy to do with the fine tip of the tip kit.  I let it etch for 15 minutes and washed it off. Etchall® etching crème is re-usable, but there wasn't enough to save here.

Here's the jar after etching:
I wanted to add a little color to the etched word to make it more visible.  I used Antique White Rub 'n Buff to do that.
Etched Herb Jar
Now, I'm on the hunt for more jars to etch to store my herbs.  This was an easy and quick way to label a jar.  This is simple with just the word, but you could certainly add some vines and flowers or whatever decorations you like to the jar with the fine tip applicator.
Etched Herb Jar by Terry Ricioli
What will you label with etchall® etching crème and the Designer Tip Kit?  Here are links to get you started:
For the Designer Tip Kit:


For the etching crème:
As a member of the etchall® design team, I received product for use in my designs.  But, I love the product and would use it anyway!



1 comment:

  1. Hey I am so happy I found your web site, I really found
    you by mistake,while I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog
    (I aleo love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it alll at the inute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have timme I will be back
    tto read a lot more, Please do keep up the eexcellent jo.

    ReplyDelete