Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Farewell to Summer

Hi All!
Time keeps slipping away and tomorrow will be the first day of fall.  I really enjoy the harvest of colors in the leaves and ripe fruits and vegetables of fall.  But, before the last day of summer is gone, I thought I'd share a couple of projects from earlier in the year. 

When time permits, I like to mix my media and create something with materials I don't use on a daily basis.  Here are a couple of small chipboard ornaments that I created using Jacquard Lumiere Dimensional Paint and Adhesive(TM).  Jacquard generously sent me some free paint samples to try in my work.  Their dimensional paint is unique in that it is also an adhesive, but I found that there was more to the paint than that.  Although it is a dimensional paint and can create 3-D lines and shapes, I found I could also thin it down and paint it with a brush. 


Here's an ornament I created using a chipboard base.  I brushed on the paint and adhered scrapbook paper to both sides.  I cut a smaller shipboard oval and adhered amate paper to that.  In both cases, I worked with a coodinating paint so no glue was needed.  I added more paint to the edges of the chipboard.  Then, I made clouds using Pearl paint. I swirled a little Turquoise paint in the clouds with a toothpick.  I brushed the Turquoise paint onto two metal bird shapes to add a patina.  Then, while the clouds were still wet, I pressed the large bird shape into the clouds.  I punched holes in the shape and added ribbon and a dangle.


The second ornament uses the dimensional paint to hold filigree flowers onto the base, add dimensional leaves and lines, and as an adhesive.  I also thinned the paint and used it as a wash on the wood butterfly shape.  

It's definitely a multi-faceted paint and I look forward to using it in more projects.  Thanks, Jacquard!

Happy Crafting!
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment