Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

A new start

Hi Crafters!
September is a wonderful month.  To me, it's a new beginning month, perhaps even more so than January.  (I was a nerdy child who looked forward to school every year!)  And, being in between projects, I need a new start for my craft room/office.  In fact, I need to find my craft room!  Walking into it makes me want to turn around and walk right out.  And, I certainly don't want to invite anyone into it! 

I've been working on a book for the last three months (more about that when I can share!), so there are the remains of designs and boxes of craft materials littering the floor.  But, more than the mess, there's a lack of unity in the space.  It needs some color or theme to tie it all together. 

So, I'm looking for ideas.  What have you done with your craft room/studio that you like?  How have you organized your space?  What tips do you have?

One thing I have decided (besides that I need to toss, recycle and donate a lot of stuff) is to paint a very, large dark brown cabinet.  First of all it needs a coat of white, then I'll decide on a color.  That ought to help the light in the room, too.  This cabinet sits right in front of my table, so I think I'll add some kind of inspiration board so that I can pin up ideas and designs.  So, that's what I'm doing this weekend--appropriate for Labor Day!  Then, I can get back to crafting in my clean and organized room!
Have a great weekend!
Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment