Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Crafting on Vacation

Hi Crafty Friends,
It's the first Monday of the month and time for a round of designs from the Designer Crafts Connection!  Today we're taking crafts on the road as we recharge and relax on vacation. 

When I go on vacation, it's either to visit family or get out into nature.  If I'm really lucky, it will include both.  Happily, this month, I am taking a trip to the ocean and a trip to see family. So, I'll definitely be taking my crafts on the road.  

For the short jaunt to the ocean, I'll take along some beads, tools, wire and findings and work on my design for the Pretty Palettes challenge.  Here's the challenge for this month:  Pretty Palettes :: July Inspiration.  This month's inspiration is the Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights.  Here in the middle of California, we don't get to see these very often.  It has to be a very large solar storm to reach down to this latitude.  So, I have to be content with photos like the one below, which is the inspirational palette that Erin chose this month.  What a great choice!

The Aurora Borealis shimmers in the summer night sky in this picture from photographer Frank Olsen.
The Aurora Borealis shimmers in the summer night sky in this picture from photographer Frank Olsen.

I picked out some Halcraft beads to go with the palette at my local Michaels.  Some of the beads I picked this time were on Erin's list and some were not.  Here's a peek of what I'll be working with as I head to the beach and search the starry skies for the elusive auroras!

Beading on the go!
 You can take it with you - on vacation!  
Happy Crafting!
Terry




No comments:

Post a Comment