Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Ribbon Jewelry for Gwen Studios

 Hi Folks!

Today I'm pleased to be working again with the wonderful ribbons from Gwen Studios.  


Our challenge this time is to create either a jewelry or a home decor piece.  Jewelry, of course!

Here are the ribbons I was sent for this challenge:



I love this selection of animal and snakeskin prints.  They are perfect for late summer and into fall.  

I had some wooden bangle forms and decided to wrap them with the brown animal print and snakeskin ribbons.  It was so easy and quick!  And, I'm sure that everyone from children to seniors will want to make and wear them.  

Here are the bangles:

Ribbon-wrapped Bangles



I used a Felt Glue from Beacon to adhere the ribbon to the wooden bangle to start the wrapping.  It was perfect for this project.  You could also use a tacky glue.  

For the wider bangle (1" wide), it took the whole reel of ribbon (9 ft.).  For the narrower bangle(3/8" wide), it took about half the reel (4 1/2 ft.).

I added glue to the end of the ribbon and glued it on the inside of the bangle.  To finish, just add glue to the end of the ribbon and end on the inside of the bangle.  These are very easy and simple, but you could add a wire wrap and beads over the top of the ribbon also.

I also made a cuff with the elegant black and silver ribbon.  I used an aluminum cuff and glued a small piece of ribbon over each end to cover the edges.  I used clothespins to hold the ribbon in place while it dried.  Then, I wrapped the ribbon around the cuff as I did the bangles.

I also made some earrings using the same ribbon.  To make the ribbon bead, roll the ribbon around a bamboo skewer after adding glue to the end of the ribbon on the right side.  For these, I used 3" of ribbon.  Add glue under the end to finish and hold until it dries.  To create the earrings, string the ribbon beads on wire with other beads as shown.  Or. string them on thread or twine for even easier earrings.  You could also make a few of these easy beads and string them in a necklace.  So many possibilities!

Ribbon-wrapped cuff with ribbon bead earrings

I hope you'll try these easy designs.  It's so easy to create great jewelry with these beautiful ribbons from Gwen Studios.  Look for them at your local Wal-Mart.

Oh, they also sent along these super cute patches!  My granddaughters will love them!

Look for more wonderful ribbon designs on the Designer Crafts Connection blog.














3 comments: