Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Art Everyday

 Hi Friends,

I'm trying to make a little art or craft everyday.  I have such a range of interests and materials, that could mean just about anything.

Here's a sampling:

I'm trying to draw more.  If you don't practice, you won't improve.  This is pen over a pencil sketch

Then, some mornings I sit and watercolor.  I have a rocking chair by a large window.  This fuchsia sits outside the window.  Lately, a hummingbird stops by for breakfast.


I recently cut into a Gel Press pull and made a pair of earrings.  The paper is decoupaged onto aluminum flashing.  I'd like to do more of these.


I've also been getting back into macrame, a craft that I used to do ages ago.  And, I'm trying slow stitching, which is another back to my crafting roots.  Embroidery was one of my first crafts - stamped cross-stitch on dishtowels.

Here's a start on a small canvas frame:

Stitching on a 2x2 canvas over acrylic.  
Next time, I'll use a larger canvas.  The wood frame doesn't allow for much stitching.  

That's a little bit of what I'm doing this summer.  Spmetimes, I think I'm a bit all over the place, but summer is a good time to try new things, I think.  What are you trying this summer?  

Happy Crafting!

Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment