Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Altered Tin




Hi Everyone!

I've always wanted to alter a tin and this decoupage blog hop with Designer Crafts Connection seemed the perfect time.  I found some nice tins in my stash of stuff that were the perfect size.

I sanded it and painted it with Caramel opaque paint (PaperArtsy).


I decoupaged some wallpaper (Tim Holtz) inside the tin.

Next, I printed out some words on the computer.  I decoupaged these to the front of the tin along with some acrylic roses.  Then, I glued on the lock.

I dabbed the roses, lock and words with some translucent PaperArtsy paint in Autumn Fire.  I had previously punched some holes in the top of the tin.  I threaded some wire through and added a few beads and twists.

Here's the inside:

Here are the edges:

So much fun!  Of course, as with all my creations, I immediately think of something I would do differently.  But, that leaves room for more creativity!  I'm off to look for more tins!

Want more decoupage ideas?  Of course you do!  Head to the Designer Crafts Connection blog.

Image may contain: text that says 'DESIGNER 00 CONNECTION CRAFTS'




8 comments:

  1. This is darling! I have never altered a tin before - but I have one just in case I feel the need. Love the wired bead element - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize this was a tin that opened, I was thinking tin sign. What a surprise to see the inside too!

    ReplyDelete