Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Tree of Life

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you are all enjoying the magnificent spring we are having.  We are warming up in Sonoma County and the roses are blooming as fast as they can.






The last couple of days, I have been trying my hand at making a wirework Tree of Life.  Here are a couple of the results.

This was my first attempt:

It was a very small space in which to work, and it's hard to get the wire tight around the ring though I love the texture and color on the TierraCast ring.

The next time I researched Pinterest (Search "wire tree of life").  There are some amazing wireworkers creating so many variations.  I found a tutorial on Instructables to use as a guide.  On this pendant, I left some roots before twisting for the trunk.

This has a bigger diameter, about 1 1/2".  And, I used smaller chips.  It's 16-gauge wire for the ring and 24-gauge for the tree.  I'm excited to try another one with an even larger diameter.  There seems to be no end to the possibilities with this.  

What are you trying that is new to you?  It's a great time to explore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment