Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Tierra Cast Finishing Touches

Hi Everyone!

I have been making jewelry for about twenty years and one of the first things I noticed out in the jewelry stores were the wonderful findings from Tierra Cast.  They are a local company to me in Santa Rosa, California, so they were in the local bead stores that I frequented.  If you can't find them in your local bead shop, there are many online from places like Artbeads.  These findings are always great designs and quality workmanship.

I was thrilled to receive a sample of their newest findings - Finishing Touches.  These are crimp ends in some wonderful styles.  You can use them for necklaces, bracelets or earrings.


There are some great designs out there already using these crimp ends with beads and leather and tassels and fringe, so I wanted to see if I could make some earrings with fabric.  To me, some of these crimp ends look like little fiesta skirts, so that was my inspiration.

Here is the first one:

Cotton Print Fabric Fan Earrings

To make your own fabric fan earrings:

1.  Tear a strip of fabric and stitch a running stitch along one edge.
2.  Gather the strip and tie the threads creating a fabric circle.  Overlap the edges and add a stitch to keep it overlapped.
3.  Fold the circle in half and insert into the finding.
4.  Squeeze the finding closed.  Glue can be added before insertion if you like.

Here's another set:
Denim and Muslin Fabric Fan Earrings
The denim over the muslin on these earrings is a die cut flower folded over the gathered muslin circle.

These are so easy to make.  I've got a lot more ideas and fabrics to try!  If you try this idea, I'd love to see your photos.

Thanks again TierraCast.

No comments:

Post a Comment