Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Working in Wire

Hi!

Thanks for stopping by!

Today I'm sharing some wirework that I did for the Now That's a Jig! monthly challenge with Brenda Schweder and the JigUFacturers.  I got to work with the jig when I participated in the Project Embellish challenge at Creativation in January.

This month's theme was desert greenery-inspired.  Here's the photo collage from the challenge.
Image may contain: plant and outdoor
There is such variety in the desert, and sometimes, you get the impression that there is no color.  You just have to look a little harder for the color in some seasons, but the textures are always there.

I don't have a Now That's a Jig! (yet), but working with the small plastic jig I had and some pliers, I shaped a saguaro cactus in brass wire.  Then, I took a smaller gauge of wire and wove it across the frame.  I bent the smaller gauge with pliers back and forth to crinkle it.

Here's how that came out:
I brushed the brass wire with Moss Patina from Ranger Inks.  It turned out pretty bright, and needed some bright cactus flowers.  I used some howlite beads and tied them on with waxed thread.
Saguaro
Right now it's hanging from a brass jump ring and silk ribbon, but that may change.
This was a fun challenge and like all challenges, stretched my creative ability.  What creative stretches are you trying?  Gotta keep those artistic muscles in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment