Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Pretty Palettes for February

Hi there!




This is the inspiration for this February's Pretty Palettes challenge - recycled plastic mosaic tiles by BOPE.




Above is the palette and below are the beads Molly Schaller chose.

I love these.  I've used some of these in previous designs - particularly the turquoise windowpanes.  In fact, I used pretty much the same selection of colors in this necklace, which was in the Fall issue of Stringing, 2014.

Here's the selection of beads I picked up at Michaels:

Molly says this collection is like a sunset beach celebration.  Having just come back from Hawaii, I'm ready to go back!  So, I'll use these to get ready for more summer celebrations.

Here's what I created.  I ended up substituting some coral chips and flat rounds instead of using the dyed imperial jasper I bought.  And, the lava sea stars and white howlite rounds will be another fun summer necklace!


I'm ready for a summer fiesta now!

See the Pretty Palettes inspiration here and stop by the Halcraft Facebook page to see what other beaders have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment