Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Pretty Palettes October Reveal

Hi Everyone!

This month the inspiration for the Pretty Palettes challenge is a campfire with glowing oranges, black and gray embers with shades of brown and tan.

Here's the inspiration photo from Molly Schaller - a harvest party where they drank fresh cider and fried donuts over the fire!  Sounds wonderful!



And, here's the palette:


Here are the beads I chose from Michaels:
Beads from Michaels
I don't know if I'll use all of them in this set, but there were a couple of strands that were so interesting, I just had to bring them home - those black lava sticks, for instance.  They look so versatile; there are at least three different ways I want to use them.

This is the necklace I designed.  I used the black lava sticks, the fire agate rounds, some brown shell rondelles from a previous Pretty Palettes challenge and some 16-gauge copper wiggles that I hammered.  It's strung on necklace memory wire.  To cover the ends, I painted the silver with some Antique Copper patina.
Tribal Fire Choker


Now, for some earrings and a bracelet.
For the bracelet, I wrapped the black lava stick with copper wire to create a toggle.  The bracelet is strung on black waxed cord.

For the earrings, I wrapped the waxed cord around a lava stick and a jump ring.

I didn't use the white shell discs in this set, but I did use them in my Harvest Moon Earrings in my previous post.

See all the other designs in the Pretty Palettes Reveal.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces! I really like the way you combined all of those elements... and I agree with you: those lava sticks are really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I love your projects! Those lava sticks are really cool mixed in with the rounds and rondelles. Your handmade toggle is brilliant! Thank you for playing along with us! I can't wait to see what you come up with this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! Looking forward to creating a design inspired by the beautiful marbled paper.

      Delete