Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Harvest Moon Earrings

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by!

Today I'm participating in the Earrings Everyday monthly challenge.  The inspiration this month is the harvest moon.  I love moon watching.  My husband and I usually head out to our ranch to watch the harvest moon come up as the sun sets into the ocean.  We didn't make it out this year, but we have many special memories.

Here's what I cam up with for the harvest moon challenge.  I had some shell discs that I thought would be perfect.  I wanted to show the moon through the branches of a tree.  I tried wire, but that wasn't looking quite right.  Then, I discovered some copper branch components in the drawer.  Those and a little chain to tie it together did the trick.  The branch can swing across the moon as it would in the wind and the chain can go over or in back of the moon.

Harvest Moon Earrings

I ended up taking a lot of shots of these earrings to try and show the features of the shell discs.  I like to try different backgrounds, too.  The above was on a rusty pot.  It usually takes about ten shots to get a good one for me!
On paper bag collage

On plane tree bark
I think I like the tree bark the best.  It shows the gold and black in the chain and one moon is showing the shell surface well.

And, here's one with the earrings on a piece of cardstock.
Thanks for the inspiration, Erin!  Go here to see all the other designs.  Happy Harvest everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the visual movement of these earrings... those tree branches are just perfect. They really do make me feel like I'm looking through the trees at the moon. Just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tree bark background the best for it brings out the sheen of the shell discs. The composition looks very professional straight out of a magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The branches and chain are such a fun idea! I love the thought of viewing the moon through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! That's exactly how I usually have to see the moonrise - behind trees. I love that the branch swings around in front of your "moon" giving it movement and life. Excellently done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful and graceful! We also first see the moon rising at our place through tree branches - one of my favorite views.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same thing here - I tried to show the moon through tree branches without success :) And I love your design with the twig and chains - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! I love that you added the branches. That is a great touch. You also have some of my most favorite chain! Thanks for playing along with me in the We're All Ears challenge. Stop by on 11/3 to see the next challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete