Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Pumpkin Earrings

Hi all,

I love pumpkins, and looking around Pinterest, I saw some fun pumpkin earrings.  So, when I ran across some ribbed orange beads at my local bead shop, I knew what I wanted to make.

These ribbed howlite beads came in a variety of colors on each strand, so I picked the orange and white ones out for the earrings.

I strung them on a long head pin (3") so that I could add a tendril to the top.  Besides the bead, I also used an antique gold bead cap.  If the bead is large, you need a spacer at the bottom, too.  And, earring wires, of course. 

Use the extra length on the head pin to make a tendril by wrapping it around your round nose pliers.

You can make them in the traditional orange:

Or, try some white pumpkins:

I love the way the dye in the crackling of the howlite looks like real pumpkins.  These are just the thing to wear this month and into the next!  They make a great gift, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment