Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

We're All Ears :: August Challenge

Hi everyone!

Today I'm playing along with the We're All Ears Challenge for August on the Earrings Everyday site.  Our challenge this month is to create earrings evoking a campfire. 

Here's a pic from the challenge:
[Photo Credit :: Alex Holt :: Unsplash]
This one captures a lot of wonderful memories of times around the campfire for me.  Camping was a big part of my life as a child.  Most of our family vacations involved camping.  And, I continued it with my own family.  Now, my kids are continuing the tradition with their own children.  That just makes me happy as I think of the traditions passed on through the generations.

I created earrings that capture the glow and warmth of the fire and these memories.  I happened to be working with some copper sheet and had cut and hammered some rectangles.  These make a reflective backdrop for some swinging Swarovski crystals.  A wire-wrapped wood bead represents the firewood and contrasts with the copper and crystal. 
Dancing Embers Earrings

Here's a couple of photos that shows the reflection of the crystals on the copper.
Dancing Embers Earrings
Dancing Embers Earrings
What a fun challenge!  Thanks, Erin!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings. I love the combination of metal, wood, and crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The warm copper mixed with dark wood and sparkling orange crystals are a great nod to the inspiration this month. Love how the crystals are reflected in the copper metal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work combining all those elements! I wanted to work wood beads into my design but couldn't pull it off. I really like the reflection of the crystals on the hammered copper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the copper sheet. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet earrings.Love the







    Sweet earrings.Love the crystals.




    crystals

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the extra detail of the wire wrapping on those wood beads. I really need to get my fire pit fired up! You all are making me feel inspired! Thanks for playing with me in the We're All Ears challenge. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful earrings! I love the reflective rectangles in the design - I bet catches the sun and makes those crystals sparkle all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm a little late to the reveal date...I adore your take on this months theme!..Awesome!

    ReplyDelete