Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pretty Palettes: Boho Inspired

Hi folks!

Today I'm playing along with the challenge on Halcraft blog.  This month's Pretty Palettes inspiration is boho.  It's a fun, eclectic style that mixes textures, bright colors and patterns.

Here are the beads that Erin Prais-Hintz selected for this month:

May2016PrettyPalettesBeads
I was able to pick up a few of these strands pictured above, but unfortunately, the dragonfly strands were already gone.

That's what happens when you come late to a "buy one-get one free" sale!  But, don't worry, I made up for it with a few other strands!

Here are the earrings that I created:
Turquoise and Coral Boho Earrings
I love the turquoise and coral combination.  I added some sari ribbon for a little interest, and I had the perfect turquoise Picasso finish discs to pick up the greenish-blue of the carved wood.  These carved wood circles are light enough for easy wear.

I added in the brown and white floral beads to create the necklace along with some large tan wrapped beads for a few challenges ago.  I found a little dragonfly charm to dangle at the bottom.  Copper ball chain and a copper clasp complete the necklace.
Boho-Style Necklace
Here's another view:

I really like this boho style.  It's reminiscent of my younger days for one thing!  And, it's a fun, freestyle, eclectic style that is great for summertime. 

Thanks for the fun challenge, Erin!

Keep creating!
Terry

4 comments:

  1. That is perfect! I love them as earrings. They are so light that you can get away with that. I am crushing on this color combo of salmon and teal right now! Well done! So nice to have you join in the fun! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I love the pieces you made! I used the wooden round to make earrings, as well. Don't you just love how lightweight they are? The pink ribbon is such a perfect whimsical accent. It just makes the piece. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I am so loving this hop! everyone is creating such great and different designs! I love your addition of the pink ribbon and the tan wrapped beads are a perfect addition to the rest of the beads for the necklace. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who saw those wood circles and thought earrings...I mean they are large but so light...they just had to be earrings! LOL Beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little ribbon accents you used ... they really give the pieces a feminine, bohemian vibe. I have some of those same tan wrapped rounds and haven't figured out quite what to do with them. They look great in your necklace!

    ReplyDelete