Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

CHA Bound



Hi Crafty Friends!

In a few days, I'll be off to the Craft and Hobby Mega Show!  It's the 75th anniversary of the organization, so it's sure to be a show to remember.  

I'll be working in the Eye Connect Crafts booth again this year. Erin Sparler has created some amazing new products, which will be available at the show.  Eye Connect Crafts also has a new partnership with Sizzix/Ellison.  Be sure to check out the Eye Connect Crafts blog for more on that news.

Here's a little sneak peek of the project for the booth that is still in progress now!  Yes, I'm working up to the last minute!  I turned this:





Butterfly
Into these:

Butterflies
I'll be taking these butterflies along with some birds and making a mobile with them.  I really like the way they came out.  I painted them with Americana® Décor™ Chalky Finish Paint in three colors, then cut scraps of print fabric and old lace tablecloth to embellish the wings.  Then, I added paint or ink for distressing along with a little sanding and raveling of the edges of the fabric. 

For more craft ideas with the recycled tag board shapes - both poppets and lace-ups, check out the blog.  If you are attending the show, please stop by Booth #2206 and say hello.  We've got make-and-takes going on all day and we'd love to show you around!

Happy Crafting!
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment