This week some of us on Designer Crafts Connection are participating in the manufacturer's challenge and creating with Kunin™ Felt, Buttons Galore and More buttons and Beacon™ glues. It's a winning combination for creating fun projects. This time our focus is on home decor.
For a manufacturer's challenge, we designers receive free samples to create a project and showcase it on our blogs.
When I saw the felt I received, it reminded me of menswear with gray flannel and pinstripes, so I created a memo board that looks like a man's shirt. The Fancifelt™ and the Embossedfelt™ were perfect for this. The Beacon Felt Glue was wonderful to use. I've had problems with gluing felt. This glue worked very well and had no odor, which is always a plus. And, I always love adding buttons to any project and Buttons Galore and More has a great selection from which to choose. A Smoothfoam™ scrapbook mount is the perfect lightweight surface to use for a memo board.
|Shirt Memo Board and Pencil Holder|
Shirt Memo Board
9x12 Cobblestone Smoke Embossedfelt™
9x12 White Classicfelt™
12x12 piece of white/grey chevron print Fancifelt™
12x12 Smoothfoam™ Scrapbook Mount
4 orange shirt buttons and one larger orange button (Buttons Galore & More)
Beacon™ Felt Glue
Slate Gray acrylic paint (DecoArt® Americana®)
Scissors, white sewing thread and needle, paintbrush
1. Paint edges of Smoothfoam™ scrapbook page mount with Slate Gray.
2. Cut a 12x12 piece of chevron print centered evenly on print. Glue felt to Smoothfoam™.
3. For the collar, mark off right triangles with sides of 4” and 5” on the white felt and use a ruler to draw the triangles. Cut out and glue along the top edge of the board overlapping in the center. Cut white rectangles for the cuffs (2 ¼” x 3 ¼”). Glue felt pieces to the bottom corners of the shirt front.
4. To create the body of the tie, make a pattern by folding a piece of printer paper in half lengthwise. Draw a tie shape on the fold and cut out the pattern. Unfold and check the size against the shirt front. Pin to the felt and cut out. Cut a small oval from the felt for the knot on the tie and glue over the end of the tie.
5. Sew thread through the buttons and glue in place on the collar points and cuffs. Add a larger button for the tie tack.
Use the same idea on other items for your desk like a pencil holder or journal cover.
This would be a great idea for Father's Day or a man's birthday gift.
Happy Crafting! Don't forget to use the DCC button to hop around and see the other home decor ideas! And, enter for a chance to win $100 in product from Kunin felt, Beacon Adhesives and Buttons Galore and More!
a Rafflecopter giveaway