Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jewelry Affaire Spring 2011


Hi Crafters,

Have you seen the magazines from Stampington? Without a doubt, they have some of the most beautiful magazines I've seen. Their gorgeous layouts and photography make me want to live between the covers. Recently, I sent something off to one of their jewelry magazines and was delighted to be accepted. Jewelry Affaire is filled with intriguing designs that will inspire you to create. And, isn't that what it's all about?


Here's the necklace I created.




I found a wonderful old brooch in a second-hand shop, and it seemed perfect for a Victorian-style necklace. It was missing the pin back, so I attached it to a round filigree with wire. Then, I picked up the shapes and elements of the brooch in the strands of the necklace.


What have you found second-hand, at a flea market or garage sale that inspired you? I have several more brooches that I picked up that day that I want to re-style. And, there's a couple of necklaces that I wore in the 80's that are begging for a chance to see daylight again. Take a look at some of the jewelry that you have lying around and re-mix it into your life!


Happy crafting,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment